Technology-driven B2B marketing went through an extraordinary growth period between 2005-2010. You can send a million emails and target prospects within seconds. B2B has become more democratized, the advanced tools continuously developed, and everything is at full speed.
Everything in B2B is changed in 2020, not only B2B buyers but also B2B customers and the B2B buying process. B2B buyers make an average of 12 searches online for the same product before buying.
The following 45 B2B statistics help you drive your 2020 B2B marketing strategy and provide the best online experience.
General B2B Statistics:
- 90% of B2B customers now turn and return through the sales funnel, circling back and replicating at least one or more business in the buyer’s journey. (CMO, 2019)
- The primary reason beyond 34% of users have restricted engagement with B2B merchants is because marketers are sending too much irrelevant content. (KoMarketing)
- B2B buying funnels are growing longer, and more complex—58% of buyers said their decision process was longer in 2017 than in 2016; just 10% said purchase time decreased. 77% of Buyers are conducting more accurate ROI analysis before making a buying decision using more data sources for analysis and evaluation (75%) and increasing the number of buying group members (52%). (Business2Community, 2017)
- 80% of B2B purchasing decisions based on a buyer’s personal or secondary customer experience and only 20% based on the amount or the actual offering. (2019)
B2B Web Design Statistics:
- 46% of consumers leave a website because of no proper information, and 37% because of poor design or navigation. (MarketingProfs, 2015)
- 86% of B2B marketers want to see products and services on a B2B website home page, 52% want to view about/company information, 27% want to see testimonials, and 23% want to see marketing collateral. Information about technical support (59%) and pricing (43%) are also crucial to marketers. (KoMarketing, 2015)
- 69% of consumers say that “excessive form field requirements” would stop them from filling a contact form, with 65% saying they wouldn’t submit a form if “too much personal information” asked. If it includes an automatic email subscription, 55% stop filling as well. (KoMarketing, 2015)
- Only 22% of the fastest-growing B2B companies have a live chat widget on their website. (Drift)
B2B Email Marketing Statistics:
- 79% of B2B marketers account for email marketing as the most efficient distribution factor for demand generating efforts. (Content Marketing Institute, 2018)
- 78% of business officials say that a volunteered email has started a face to face meeting or event attendance at some point. (ITSMA, 2019)
- Marketers see an aggregate of 760% improvement in revenue from customized email marketing campaigns. (CampaignMonitor, 2017)
B2B Mobile Marketing statistics:
- Mobile usage per B2B worker supposed to grow from two hours a day to three hours by 2020, driven by millennials, Gen Z, and the increasing use of mobile devices by older workers. (Google, 2017)
- More than 50% of B2B search queries today made on mobile devices, and this rate will grow to 70% by 2020.
- More than 80% of B2B customers use smartphones at work. (BCG, 2017)
- More than 90% of consumers say they’re likely to buy again from a B2B market with superior mobile web experience, where 50% of those report on user experience. (BCG, 2017)
B2B Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Statistics:
- More than 45% of B2B companies are spending more than $20,000 on SEO each month. (B2BMarketingZone, 2018)
- 71% of B2B researchers start their analysis with general Google searches.
- More than 89% of B2B businesses use the online platform during the B2B research process. (Google, 2015)
B2B Ecommerce Statistics:
- B2B e-commerce sales expected to outgrow B2C e-commerce sales by 2020. (Ecommerce Platforms, 2018)
- The CAGR rate for B2B e-commerce projected at 10% for the next five years (Forrester 2015).
- B2B e-commerce will surpass 12% of all B2B revenue by 2020. (BCG, 2017)
B2B Lead Generation Statistics:
- More than 81% of businesses reported that their blog is a vital source for B2B lead generation. (Nurture)
- In B2B, events generate the most leads, while case studies help convert and accelerate them. (Marketing Charts, 2018)
- 68% of B2B businesses acquire leads through strategic landing pages. (Marketo, 2018)
B2B Blogging and Content Marketing Statistics:
- 69% of successful B2B marketers have a preplanned content marketing strategy. (Content Marketing Institute, 2019)
- 86% of consumers say they are “both overwhelmed and annoyed” with 10 or more pieces of review content (BizReport, 2018)
- B2B organizations that post their blog more than 11 times per month had almost three times more traffic and revenue than those blogging 0-1 times per month. (HubSpot, 2015)
B2B Social Media Marketing Statistics:
- More than 84% of B2B agencies use paid distribution channels for content marketing purposes. (Content Marketing Institute, 2019)
- 75% of B2B customers use social media to verify their buying decision. (HubSpot, 2017)
- 45% of B2B businesses have gained buyers through LinkedIn. (Quick Sprout)
- LinkedIn is 277% more effective in generating leads than Facebook. (HubSpot, 2018)
- B2B marketers use social media channels Facebook (89%), LinkedIn (81%), and Twitter (75%) Instagram is up and coming. (MarTechAdvisor)
- More than 63% of B2B enterprises use Instagram.
B2B Video Marketing Statistics:
- More than 81% of companies use video as their primary marketing tool (Experian, 2018)
- 96% of B2B marketers plan to use video in their content marketing. (Social Media Today)
- 73% of B2B companies say that video marketing positively improved ROI.
- 70% of B2B customers and researchers watch videos before buying the product.
What B2B Buyers Need:
- 44% of B2B organizations check on ROI calculator for purchasing decisions.
- B2B buyers (96%) want content with added information from industry thought leaders. (Demand Gen Report, 2016)
- 73% of B2B buyers expect a personalized, B2C-like buyer experience. (Accenture, 2017)
- Consumers (49%) expect faster response times and 24/7 availability—say B2B is failing to deliver B2C like personalized experiences.
Also Read: 5 smarter ways to collect customer feedback
B2B Marketing Analytics and Measurement:
- In B2B content marketers, 35% can measure ROI, 47% can’t measure ROI, and 18% aren’t sure. (Content Marketing Institute, 2018)
- B2B companies (68%) do not know their sales funnel. (Marketing Sherpa)
- 52% of marketers state their company’s ability to scale and analyze marketing results is either sub-par or non-existent.
- Just 28% of marketers are “very effective” at demonstrating the value of their marketing efforts. The majority of 69% is not “much effective” at it. (KoMarketing, 2017)
B2B Marketing is a booming business. In B2B business, content marketing, marketing automation, social media marketing, and lead generation plays a vital role in the development. Save these statistics with easy accessibility for tough times to highlight the effect that your industry is having.
If you still think you need expert digital solutions for your B2B business, contact our online marketing agency.
- Top digital marketing trends attracting the best roi in 2020-21
- Mystery of digital marketing performance in q1 2020
- How to allocate digital marketing budget for your business?
- Reasons why today’s market needs digital marketing services?