Google to help the website owners, offering six ways to measure the core web vitals to know the performance (User experience) of a webpage. These core web vitals are released just weeks ago before that there was only Chrome UX to measure the page experience.
The announcement of the Google page experience update would come live before 2021. So, it offered new tools to check out the pages’ performance and change them before the update rolls out.
The following tools will help you measure the Core Web Vitals:
- Chrome UX Report
- Chrome DevTools
- Search Console
- PageSpeed Insights
- Web Vitals Extension
The following are the core points to consider while optimizing the user experience with Core Web Vitals:
- Search Console helps you to acquire Core Web Vitals report to differentiate the pages that require attention.
- After identifying the pages, you can use PageSpeed Insights to resolve the page issues. PageSpeed Insights (PSI) is available on the Search Console, or you can directly enter the URL on PSI.
- If you want to optimize locally, use the Lighthouse and Chrome DevTools to measure the Core Web Vitals. On the desktop, Chrome extension can give real-time metrics on the Core Web Vitals.
- For a custom dashboard, use the updated CrUX Dashboard or use the new Chrome UX and PageSpeed Insights Report API for both the field and lab data.
- dev/measure helps you to know the prioritized set of guides and codelabs of a page for optimization, using PageSpeed Insights.
- Before making your changes to live, use Lighthouse CI to ensure no regressions in Core Web Vitals.
Chrome UX Report or CrUX:
This report helps you understand the real-world user experience of your website and even competitors websites too.The Chrome UX report measures opted-in user field versions of all the Core Web Vitals, rather than lab data.
The CrUX dataset on BigQuery includes fine-grained performance data of all the Core Web Vitals monthly.Google even launched a new Core Web Vitals landing page to check the quick performance of the page.
Chrome DevTools help site owners to measure and fix visual instability issues on a page. It can change the Core Web Vital, Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS).
Select a Layout Shift to view its details in the Summary tab. To visualize where the shift itself occurred, hover over the Moved from and Moved to fields.
It also measures Total Blocking Time (TBT), which is useful in improving First Input Delay (FID) of a page.When you measure the performance of a page, TBT is shown in the footer of the Chrome DevTools.
The performance optimization that improves TBT in the lab should also improve FID in the field.
The tool Lighthouse recently upgraded to version 6.0 included automated website audits, new metrics, and a newly composed performance score.
The Largest Contentful Paint (LCP) and Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS) are added.These metrics are measured in a lab environment of Core Web Vitals and provide different diagnostic dimensions for optimizing user experience.
The Total Blocking Time (TBT) can correlate with the First Input Delay (FID) metric, which the third metric added for Lighthouse.All of the products are updated and the latest version in the Lighthouse.
The tool Search Console help site owners to evaluate pages across any site from the obtained report.
Using the real-world data from the CrUX report, the search console identifies the pages that require attention in a site.In the process, URLs of the minimum amount of reporting data will be omitted.
PageSpeed Insights upgraded to use both the mobile and desktop devices along with the Lighthouse 6.0.This upgrade makes it capable of measuring Core Web Vitals in both the lab and field sections of the report.
It can recommend the site owner to make changes that can improve page experience as annotated below in the blue marks.
Web Vital Extension:
This new extension is available in the Chrome web store. This can measure three Core Web Vitals metrics in real-time.You can install this extension from the Chrome Web Store.
ADing Digital Marketing Company will be up-to-date and provide the latest information on the changing market trends. We stand by our clients and help them utmost to focus on their business, rather than making changes to their digital marketing platforms.
- Google Algorithm Update May 2020
- Google New Rising Retail Categories Tool
- How to succeed in Google News