Short and Long-Term Impact of COVID-19 on Digital Marketing
As a marketing agency, we’ve never seen such a dramatic and life-changing pandemic as the COVID-19. So, in the past weeks, we have engaged ourselves in reading analysis reports and various articles about how COVID-19 effected digital marketing.
Based on our instinct, we have divided the impact of COVID-19 on digital marketing into the short-term and long-term.
We have already witnessed the overall digital marketing performance in Q1 2020. Merkle’s digital marketing performance report Q1 2020 has statistically elaborated on the impact. It will be useful for digital marketers to predict what happened and how it going to impact digital marketing performance.
Short-Term Impact of COVID-19 on Digital Marketing
- In the first week of coronavirus outburst, the businesses have made less money, which resulted in spending less budget on advertising.
- The organic search results on PCs and laptops have been decreased, and organic search results on phones have increased.
- The usage of social media has increased as most of the people remained indoors due to quarantine.
- The sports sponsorship’s in 2020 were supposed to have the IPL, the Olympics, and much more, which can create a huge revenue in digital marketing are compromised.
- Brands that invested millions in digital marketing with sports sponsorships have lost due to the spread of COVID-19.
- Many companies and governments have encouraged working from home to stop the spread of the coronavirus. But remote working resulted in drastic changes in communication between the teams.
- The unexpected change brought a huge drop in SEO organic search results in many industries.
- In PPC, the conversions have seen a big shift. The expected prospects for an advertisement haven’t met with the sudden impact of the virus.
Despite all these downfalls in the short-term period, companies started their brand building to regain the trust of its customers. They took this opportunity to build an unbreakable bond with the clients.
Long-Term Impact of COVID-19 on Digital Marketing
- The impact of COVID-19 on digital marketing is just for the short-term after the few weeks of the pandemic digital marketing has seen a continuous improvement in the growth rate.
- Surprisingly, there is a huge growth seen in the essential needs; there will be no additional boosting needed for the improvement of the essential needs in digital marketing.
- Businesses like jewelry, electronics, textile, steel, petroleum, and many other industries have to focus on improving their digital status.
- Every industry has to focus on developing these five strategies in long-term
- Driving engagement
- Conversions and sales
- Updated tools for internal collaboration
- Accelerating time for marketing campaigns
- Content management.
- No one is sure of when this pandemic will be over. But online business has nothing to do with it, as its always been trading online. In the long-term digital marketing is expected to take a much larger market share.
Ensure your marketing strategies work smarter and always keep in touch with the existing clients.
There is no doubt that it will end one or the other day, but it will leave an unforgettable mark in digital history. In the process of analysis, we have come across numerous impacts of the virus on different industries.
Businesses that affected due to COVID-19 have to lower the impact by investing their time and tactics in their digital marketing presence or choose one of the best digital marketing agencies to focus on your business development.
Businesses with the impact of COVID-19, missing the daily routines of their business module. Let’s wish this pandemic ends soon.